A Murfreesboro business was damaged after it caught fire early Saturday morning.
Firefighters responded to a call at Pad Thai Café on South Church Street at 3:45 a.m.
It only took them a couple of minutes to put out the blaze, but the heavy fire and smoke left the eatery inoperable.
The fire marshal was called to the scene to investigate.
According to the fire department, the fire started near the cash register. The family that owns the business speculated it was an electrical fire.
Christian Chanthabandith, son of owner Tommy Chanthabandith, told News 2 it was his father’s dream to build the restaurant and they had recently talked about expanding.
He said he wants customers to know this is not the end of the restaurant.
“I just want them to know that we will be back on our feet, and we will be able to serve that quality service that they’re all used to.”
The family said the business is insured and they plan to rebuild.