The former Clarksville student accused of killing his Massachusetts math teacher in October has reportedly attacked a Department of Youth Services facility staff person.
According to WCVB-TV, the incident involving Philip Chism occurred on Monday. The extent of the woman’s injuries was not immediately released.
An indictment accuses Chism of killing Danvers High School teacher Colleen Ritzer with a box cutter on October 22.
He is also accused of sexually assaulting the 24-year-old teacher with an object and stealing her credit cards, iPhone and underwear.
Chism and his family formerly lived in Clarksville before moving to Massachusetts.
He is being held without bond.
*WCVB contributed to this report.
- Jan. 30, 2014:Former Clarksville teen pleads not guilty to raping Mass. teacher
- Jan. 30, 2014:Teen charges in Mass. teacher killing due in court
- Dec. 4, 2013:Former Clarksville student faces 2nd rape charge in Mass. teacher’s death
- Dec. 4, 2013:Former Clarksville student pleads not guilty in Mass. Teacher’s slaying
- Nov. 22, 2013:Documents reveal former Clarksville student cut teacher’s throat
- Nov. 21, 2013:Former Clarksville student indicted in Mass. teacher’s death
- Oct. 26, 2013:Mother of former Clarksville student accused of murder heartbroken
- Oct. 25, 2013:Teen murderer’s family may have returned to Tenn., source says
- Oct. 23, 2013:Source: Former Clarksville student killed teacher with box cutter