The widow of George Jones is planning a memorial service for her late husband on the one-year anniversary of his death.
Jones passed away April 26, 2013 after ongoing health problems. He was 81.
On the anniversary of Jones' death, Nancy plans to plant two dogwood trees at the country legend's monument at Woodlawn Cemetery on Thompson Lane beginning at 1 p.m.
The event is open to the public.
Jones is survived by his loving wife of 30 years Nancy Jones, his sister Helen Scroggins, and by his children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
At the time of his death, Jones was in the middle of a year-long fare well tour that was scheduled to end in Nashville.
- April 26, 2013: Country superstar George Jones dead at 81
- April 26, 2013: Fans pay respects to George Jones at Country Music Hall of Fame
- April 18, 2013: Country star Jones hospitalized, postpones 2 shows
- Nov. 12, 2012: George Jones' final tour includes Nov. 2013 Nashville stop
- Oct. 31, 2012: George Jones cancels Minn. concert due to health
- May 21, 2012: George Jones hospitalized, Shows canceled through June
- April 18, 2012: George Jones postpones shows due to health
- April 3, 2012: George Jones released from hospital
- March 29, 2012: Country legend George Jones hospitalized