The Nashville Sounds hosted their final home opener at Greer Stadium Friday night.
In an effort to bid farewell to the team's longtime venue, the Sounds are asking fans to come out to games and use #LastCheerAtGreer on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
Houston Greer, the grandson of the stadium's namesake, threw out the season's first pitch during Friday night's game.
News 2 personalities Samantha Fisher and Jerry Barlar will be on hand signing autographs and meeting fans before throwing out the first pitch during Saturday night's game against the Omaha Storm Chasers.
A fireworks display is scheduled immediately following the game.
The Nashville Sounds new ballpark at Sulphur Dell in north Nashville is expected to open next April.
Groundbreaking on the multi-million dollar project began earlier this year.
SLIDESHOW: Nashville Sounds to move to Sulphur Dell
The plan includes a ballpark, residential developments and a parking garage.
Located on Jackson Street, east of the Bicentennial Mall between Fourth and Fifth avenues, the site, which is state owned, is the original home of Nashville's minor league team.
The ballpark was built in 1870 and used for nearly 100 years until 1963. It was eventually demolished in 1969.
For more information on the Nashville Sounds, visit their Web site.
- March 21, 2014: Construction underway at Sulphur Dell for new Sounds stadium
- Jan. 27, 2014: Groundbreaking held for new Sounds ballpark at Sulphur Dell
- Dec. 18, 2013: Seats already sold for new Sounds ballpark at Sulphur Dell
- Dec. 16, 2013: Pictures emerge of ballpark as state approves design
- Dec. 3, 2013: New Sounds stadium at Sulphur Dell moves forward
- Nov. 22, 2013: State panel invites public to Sounds stadium meeting Monday
- Nov. 19, 2013: Metro Council gives initial approval to build new Sounds ballpark
- Nov. 19, 2013: Sounds stadium deal short time approval called 'disrespectful'
- Oct. 23, 2013: 100 people attend meeting to discuss Sounds' stadium at Sulphur Dell
- Aug. 21, 2013: $80M Nashville Sounds stadium proposed for Sulphur Dell
- Sept. 28, 2011: 6 locations in consideration for new Sounds stadium
- Dec. 21, 2009: New baseball stadium talks revived