Woman pulled from burning couch at Greens Hills home

Woman pulled from burning couch at Greens Hills home (Image 1)

A woman was pulled from a burning home early Friday morning after falling asleep on a couch that later caught fire.

Firefighters believe a cigarette sparked the blaze at the home on Dartmouth Avenue, just south of Woodmont Boulevard and Estes Road in Green Hills.

The smoke alarms went off but the woman did not hear them.

Two people in an upstairs apartment did hear the warning and managed to escape.

Firefighters went in and pulled the woman to safety before pulling the burning couch out of the home.

No one was seriously injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s