NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – A Kentucky man who was injured in a fire that killed his wife and eight of his children has been released from the hospital. The man's daughter, his only surviving child, remains hospitalized.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center officials say 11-year-old Kylie Watson is still listed in stable condition.
Vanderbilt spokeswoman Paula Jones said the girl's father, 36-year-old Chad Watson, was discharged on Thursday.
The two had been hospitalized since January 30 after a fire swept through their home in the community of Depoy near Greenville, Kentucky.
Police say the fire started when a combustible material fell against an electric heater in a bedroom overnight.
The blaze killed La Rae “Nikki” Watson and eight children ages 4 to 15.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feb. 10, 2014: Ky. fire survivors' conditions improving
- Feb. 8, 2014: Ky. family killed in house fire laid to rest
- Feb. 3, 2014: Funeral set for mother, 8 children killed in fire
- Feb. 1, 2014: The Band Perry offers to pay funeral costs for Ky. house fire victims
- Jan. 30, 2014: Mother, 8 children die in Kentucky house fire