Fire station closed to remove mold

Fire station closed to remove mold (Image 1)

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) – Officials say a Chattanooga fire station could be closed for at least a month to remove mold found throughout the building.

The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports an outside company tested several areas inside Fire Station 8 and found mold in several places.

The city first became aware of the problem after receiving emails from firefighters assigned to the station.

Fire Deputy Chief Randy Jacks says there haven't been any complaints of health issues as a result of the mold, which is expected to cost about $25,000 to remove.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s