CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) – Officials say a Chattanooga fire station could be closed for at least a month to remove mold found throughout the building.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports an outside company tested several areas inside Fire Station 8 and found mold in several places.
The city first became aware of the problem after receiving emails from firefighters assigned to the station.
Fire Deputy Chief Randy Jacks says there haven't been any complaints of health issues as a result of the mold, which is expected to cost about $25,000 to remove.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.