Sixty additional employees at Vanderbilt University Medical Center were laid off on Tuesday.
Officials told News 2 the newly announced lay offs stem from the “overall workforce reduction” announced by Vanderbilt on September 17.
The medical facility is expected to cut a total of just over 1,000 jobs by the end of the year.
- Sept. 20, 2013: Vanderbilt Medical Center cuts 275 jobs
- Sept. 17, 2013: Vanderbilt University Medical Center expected to cut more jobs
- July 26, 2013: Laid off workers rally outside Vanderbilt hospital
- July 17, 2013: Former Vanderbilt employee 'shocked' by firing
- July 17, 2013: Vanderbilt's mass termination under investigation by attorneys
- July 16, 2013: Vanderbilt University Medical Center seeks savings
- July 4, 2013: Vanderbilt University Medical Center cuts jobs