Brentwood hotel evacuated after A/C unit malfunctions

Brentwood hotel evacuated after A/C unit malfunctions (Image 1)

A Brentwood hotel was evacuated Wednesday morning after authorities received reports of a fire.

The incident took place at Candlewood Suites on Virginia Way just after 6 a.m.

Officials told News 2 a woman was getting ready in her hotel room when she noticed a small fire and smoke from the air conditioning unit on the wall.

The hotel called the fire department then put the fire out using a nearby extinguisher.

Heavy smoke, however, had filled the second floor of the building.

The fire department evacuated the hotel and used fans to clear the smoke.

All residents were allowed back inside by 7 a.m.

Officials stated no injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s