After being carted off the field three weeks ago, Jake Locker is set to start Sunday for the Titans against San Francisco.
After hurting both his hip and knee Locker was expected to miss at least four weeks but according to multiple sources he will be under center Sunday afternoon.
Locker returns to a team that is at the tipping point of the season, at 3-3 the Titans need a win to legitimately stay in the playoff hunt and avoid a third straight loss.
He reportedly took a majority of the first team reps Friday at practice and General Manager Rustin Webster told radio station 104.5 The Zone he's optimistic Locker has done what he needs to do to play this week.
The only question now for the Titans is, how healthy is Locker and will he be the same quarterback that led them to a 3-1 record before the injury.
- Oct. 19, 2013: Jake Locker practices again, Titans wait to pick QB
- Oct. 17, 2013: Titans quarterback Jake Locker cleared for contact
- Oct. 16, 2013: Jake Locker returns to practice after hip injury
- Oct. 3, 2013: Pair of Jets fined for hit on Jake Locker
- Oct. 2, 2013: Titans QB Jake Locker will 'work hard' to return
- Oct. 1, 2013: Titans QB Jake Locker suffered hip sprain, will miss a few weeks
- Sept. 30, 2013: Titans QB Jake Locker released from hospital, Initial tests 'encouraging'
- Sept. 29, 2013: JOE BIDDLE: Jake Locker's injury casts pall on Titans win