Injured Titans quarterback Jake Locker has taken a big step toward returning to action.
Thursday Coach Mike Munchak said Locker has been “cleared for contact” and still is not ruling Locker out for Sunday's game with San Francisco.
Munchak said they will continue to be cautious, but a final decision almost certainly has to come Friday.
Locker participated in more team activities Thursday and said both his injured knee and hip feel good.
The Titans are 0-2 since Locker went down and Ryan Fitzpatrick came on as quarterback.
The Titans have struggled offensively both games scoring only 17 and 13 points with Fitzpatrick throwing four interceptions.
Locker started the first four games of the season for the Titans, they went 3-1 and he did not have a single turnover.
The Titans play the 49ers at LP Field Sunday.
- Oct. 16, 2013: Jake Locker returns to practice after hip injury
- Oct. 3, 2013: Pair of Jets fined for hit on Jake Locker
- Oct. 2, 2013: Titans QB Jake Locker will 'work hard' to return
- Oct. 1, 2013: Titans QB Jake Locker suffered hip sprain, will miss a few weeks
- Sept. 30, 2013: Titans QB Jake Locker released from hospital, Initial tests 'encouraging'
- Sept. 29, 2013: JOE BIDDLE: Jake Locker's injury casts pall on Titans win