Kentucky boy burned when homemade bomb explodes

Mom, 4 kids displaced after Maury County house fire (Image 1)

A 14-year-old Kentucky boy suffered burns to his arms after a homemade bomb exploded Saturday night.

According to Kentucky New Era, the boy told police he and his friends were attempting to make the bomb inside a Hopkinsville home.

He said they put gasoline into a gas can, put firecrackers inside the spout, and tried to light the firecracker.

Spilled gasoline on the boy's hands ignited, as did the bomb, leaving with burns to his arms.

He was airlifted to Vanderbilt University Medical Center.  His condition is not known at this time.

The home was not damaged in the explosion.

No charges have been filed at this time.

*The Kentucky Era contributed to this report.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s