A/C unit sparks fire at east Nashville home

A/C unit sparks fire at east Nashville home (Image 1)

An air conditioning unit is to blame for a fire Monday afternoon at a home on Chicamauga Avenue off Gallatin Avenue in east Nashville.

The fire started in an upstairs bedroom around 1 p.m.

Firefighters quickly responded to the home and extinguished the flames.

The damage was isolated to the bedroom.

No one was home at the time and no one was injured.

A man who lives in the home told Nashville's News 2 the air conditioning unit was more than 11 years old.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s