With job growth rising to 10.9%, Rutherford County has been recognized by CNN as one of the top places in the country to find work.
CNN Money magazine's Top 25 best places to find jobs, placed Rutherford County at No. 11 on the list.
According to the report, almost 5,300 new jobs were created in the county last year alone.
The article said, “In 2013, automotive supplier NHK Seating of America invested $6.8 million in its Murfreesboro facility. The space will house robots that manufacture automotive seat structures, and 94 jobs for humans are in the works too.”
Produce supplier Taylor Farms is also investing $5.9 million and adding almost 200 jobs.
Nissan recently added a third shift and 900 jobs to its Smyrna facility.
Location also plays a major role in the county's economy. Rutherford is centrally located right in the middle of the state, making it easier for transportation.
Sumner County was ranked at 18th.
- Feb. 4, 2013: Nissan sees slight but expected drop in LEAF sales
- Jan. 9, 2013: 2013 Nissan LEAF now being built in Tennessee
- Dec. 12, 2012: Nissan battery plant could bring 1,000 jobs to Smyrna
- Oct. 19, 2012: Nissan to add 810 jobs at Smyrna plant
- May 26, 2010: Nissan breaks ground on car battery plant