A Davidson County jury Thursday afternoon found two Nashville men guilty in the attempted robbery and murder of a man who had just left a Murfreesboro Road bar two years ago.
Joshua Gardner, 21, was shot in a parking lot across from Out of Bounds nightclub in the early morning hours of May 6, 2011.
He was approached by two men who tried to rob him, and was shot as a struggle ensued.
Police later arrested Joshua Carter and Adonis McLemore.
Both were charged with first degree felony murder and especially aggravated robbery.
Jurors Thursday found Carter guilty of first degree felony murder and attempt to commit especially aggravated robbery.
McLemore was convicted of facilitation to commit first degree felony murder and facilitation to commit especially aggravated robbery.
Carter's conviction carries an automatic life sentence of at least 51 years in prison.
Sentencing for McLemore, and Carter's other conviction, is set for September 19.
A third co-defendant still has pending charges related to the murder.
- Oct. 28, 2011: 2nd man jailed for fatal shooting outside Out of Bounds
- June 8, 2011: Night club allowed to reopen with new requirements
- June 2, 2011: Police padlock popular south Nashville sports bar
- May 16, 2011: SWAT officers arrest accused murderer
- May 6, 2011: Man shot, killed outside Nashville sports bar
- March 18, 2011: Man shot in foot outside S. Nashville sports bar