Country music's biggest party came to an end a little early Sunday.
As the threat of thunderstorms moved in, artists' sets were cut short by the association.
Country crooner Jake Owen only performed one song, while sisters Lennon and Maisy Stella from the hit television show “Nashville” were surprise guests.
Carrie Underwood still closed out the final night. Brad Paisley joined her on stage for a song before her short set ended.
The Riverfront stage kicked off with artists Matthew West and Ricky Skaggs Sunday morning.
The four day concert on the river front wrapped up with Craig Campbell.
The stage at the river front was just one of 11 stages that featured live music during the festival.
The Bud Light stage at Bridgestone Arena featured artists such as Chuck Wicks, Lauren Alaina and Bucky Covington.
Many fans have been sporting their new cowboy boots during the festival and they have the blisters to prove it.
Medics said they have treated more people at this year's CMA Festival for blisters from new boots than they have for weather related illnesses such as dehydration.
The latest numbers from Vanderbilt University Medical Center shows that cooler weather helped keep CMA fans going during the weekend.
During the four day festival the triage center downtown treated about 430 people.
Seven of them were serious enough to go to the hospital.
In 2012 Vanderbilt treated more than 1,400 people, mostly for heat related illness.
Country Music Association CEO, Steve Moore said the record breaking crowds at this year's festival were up by 15 percent, which came to total of about 80,000 people in downtown Nashville.
Fans wanting to attend next year's fest should go ahead and get their tickets. Fifty percent of the tickets for CMA Fest 2014 have already been sold which is an 80 percent increase from 2013.
This year's CMA Fest had more than double space thanks to the new Music City Center.
Sunday night's line up on the main stage at LP Field included: Lorrie Morgan with Pam Tillis, Lee Greenwood, Gary Allan, Braid Paisley, The Band Perry, Jake Owen and Carrie Underwood.
For a full list of Sunday's CMA Fest events click here.
- June 9, 2013: Storms a concern for CMA Festival Sunday
- June 8, 2013: Saturday rocked the third day of CMA Music Festival
- June 8, 2013: Stars 'batter up' at 23rd Annual Celebrity Softball Challenge
- June 7, 2013: Rain doesn't slow down music fans at CMA Music Fest
- June 6, 2013: CMA Fest kicks off Thursday
- June 5, 2013: CMA Music Fest gets underway with kick-off parade
- June 4, 2013: Police: Every available officer will be downtown for CMA festival
- June 3, 2013: Downtown roads now blocked for CMA festival
- June 3, 2013: Preps underway for CMA Music Festival
- May 29, 2013: CMA announces road closures for 2013 festival
- April 29, 2013: 2013 CMA Music Fest sold out
- Jan. 18, 2013: Artists announced for 2013 CMA Fest