NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – The CMA Music Festival has come to and end in Nashville and officials with the Nashville International Airport are offering tips for fans' departure.
There was heavy passenger volume and long lines at security screening early Monday. Both Monday and Tuesday are expected to be especially heavy air travel days out of Nashville.
Some travelers may also have to wait due to delayed or canceled flights because of weather across the country.
The airport suggests packing smartly, checking tsa.gov online for tips. Also, passengers should check the status of their flights before coming to the airport. Departing passengers should arrive at least two hours before scheduled departure Monday and Tuesday.
The ticketing level passenger drop-off is also under construction from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. One lane is maintained at all times.
Last year, the music fest set a record attendance with an estimated 71,000 fans.
*The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Click here to check your flight's status.
Click here to check traffic alerts.
- June 9, 2013: Paisley, Underwood, The Band Perry wrap up last day of CMA Fest
- June 8, 2013: Saturday rocked the third day of CMA Music Festival
- June 8, 2013: Stars 'batter up' at 23rd Annual Celebrity Softball Challenge
- June 7, 2013: Rain doesn't slow down music fans at CMA Music Fest
- June 6, 2013: CMA Fest kicks off Thursday
- June 5, 2013: CMA Music Fest gets underway with kick-off parade
- June 4, 2013: Police: Every available officer will be downtown for CMA festival
- June 3, 2013: Downtown roads now blocked for CMA festival
- June 3, 2013: Preps underway for CMA Music Festival
- May 29, 2013: CMA announces road closures for 2013 festival
- April 29, 2013: 2013 CMA Music Fest sold out
- Jan. 18, 2013: Artists announced for 2013 CMA Fest