The Homicide Cold Case Unit has charged a current inmate in a shooting death that occurred four years ago.
Christian Gutierrez, 20, is now charged with murder for the second time from the 2009 shooting death of 24-year-old Melissa Ramirez.
He was already being held at the Davidson County Jail on unrelated charges also relating to murder in lieu of $1.56 million.
Ramirez's body was found by a family friend on the morning of February 9, 2009.
A dispute between gang members is believed to have resulted in her murder as Ramirez had relationships with the Brown Pride gang.
Continuous investigation by Metro police has led to the development of information indicating that Gutirrez and 21-year-old Elias Olea were responsible.
Gutierrez is in jail now for the 2010 death of 25-year-old Henry Harrison and the attempted murder of a 15-year-old rival gang member in 2011.
He has been in jail since the night of the attempted murder.
Olia is still at large and believed to be in Mexico.
He is also charged in Ramirez's death.
Anyone able to confirm Olea's whereabouts is urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 74-CRIME.
- July 27, 2011: Wanted fugitive jailed in Nashville McDonald's shooting
- July 2, 2011: Teens sought for questioning in '09 murder
- April 5, 2011: 2 men wanted for questioning in '09 murder
- March 10, 2011: Pair sought in '10 Nashville homicide
- Feb. 17, 2011: Police identify gunman in Nashville shooting
- Feb. 23, 2010: Man's body found in Hermitage field
- Feb. 9, 2009: Woman, 24, found shot to death in Hermitage home