Studies show the success of any convention center hinges on the availability of hotel space.
For the new Music City Center, the still under construction Omni Nashville hotel will provide 800 of those needed rooms.
On the outside, it's all steel, concrete and stone, but Nashville's News 2 takes a look at what the hotel will offer on the inside.
“This is a typical room. This is a king guest room, roughly 410 square feet, which is the largest in our comp set in Middle Tennessee outside of an all suite hotel,” said Rod Roadarmel with the Omni Hotel.
The hotel will offer unique furniture and artwork.
“There is our Hatch Show Print they did specifically for the Omni Nashville,” Roadarmel said.
There will be four restaurants from white table cloths to chips and drinks in your swimsuit.
“Yeah, we will have a pool bar and restaurant area there at the north side of the pool. The pool will be open 365 days a year; it is heated,” Roadarmel explained.
There will be 746 rooms and 54 suites with group rates starting at $195 upwards to $300.
The hotel will also feature a full service spa and 24-hour room service.
The most intriguing and unique aspect of the Omni Nashville is the connection to the Country Music Hall of Fame.
“We are seamlessly connected on the first, second and fourth floors, and our guests will be able to register at hour hotel and literally walk through the lobby right into the shared lobby and right into the exhibits at the country music hall of fame,” Roadarmel said.
He added, “We are projecting that 35 to 40 percent of our business will be leisure guests, and folks coming for the Nashville experience from out of town.”
The grand opening of the Omni Nashville Hotel is slated for October.
- May 15, 2013: Mayor predicts Music City Center 'will be big success'
- May 10, 2013: Music City Center's ballroom features guitar shaped ceiling
- May 10, 2013: Green initiatives made top priority for Music City Center
- Feb. 21, 2013: Church sells property to allow for new hotel near Music City Center
- Feb. 5, 2013: Music City Center to open May 19
- Jan. 28, 2013: Hundreds of solar panels to be installed on Music City Center's roof
- Jan. 4, 2013: 117 days remain on Music City Center construction
- Nov. 9, 2012: Visitors' exec. says city struggling to get conventions
- July 17, 2012: 700K hotel room nights booked in advance at Music City Center
- June 28, 2012: Music City Center more than three fourths complete
- June 15, 2012: Omni Hotel just over year away from completion
- April 30, 2012: Music City Center 1 year away from completion
- Jan. 13, 2012: Music City Center faces minor setback
- Jan. 9, 2012: Music City Center already pre-booked 600,000 room nights
- Nov. 28, 2011: Music City Center more than halfway complete
- Nov. 2, 2011: Construction on Music City Center reaches halfway mark
- June 13, 2011: Music City Center making fast progress
- March 31, 2011: Road construction to continue around MCC
- Feb. 17, 2011: Downtown road construction drags on
- Jan. 20, 2011: Construction workers claim too many out-of-state jobs at MCC
- Jan. 16, 2011: Downtown intersection reduced to 2 lanes for construction
- Jan. 13, 2011: Music City Center making fast progress
- Sept. 9, 2010: Construction continues on new Music City Center
- Aug. 24, 2010: Omni to build $250M convention center hotel
- March 22, 2010: Official groundbreaking held for Music City Center
- March 11, 2010: Music City Center creates construction jobs
- March 9, 2010: Blasting begins for new Music City Center
- Feb. 26, 2010: Convention center construction hits full throttle
- Feb. 8, 2010: Crews tear down first building in Music City Center's footprint
- Feb. 7, 2010: Auto shop relocates to accommodate convention center
- Feb. 4, 2010: Find alternative parking during downtown construction
- Jan. 21, 2010: Proposed Music City Center plans first conventions
- Jan. 20, 2010: Music City Center, Medical mart concerns addressed
- Jan. 20, 2010: Convention center given green light: Now what?
- Jan. 20, 2010: Convention center approval clears way for medical mart
- Jan. 19, 2010: Convention center approved, plans move forward
- Jan. 19, 2010: Council approves convention center financing package