KNOXVILLE (WATE) – The Georgia attorney who is working on a class-action suit against Pilot Flying J has pulled in a big-name investigator to help with the case.
Attorney Mark Tate, who represents Atlantic Coast Carriers and several other clients, has hired the company of former FBI Director Louis Freeh to take part in the investigation.
Tate told 6 News Wednesday that members of the Freeh Group will be doing forensic and investigative work in the case.
The Freeh Group has also worked on other high-profile investigations, including the Penn State child sex abuse scandal involving former coach Jerry Sandusky.
Pilot Flying J recently hired their own independent investigator, Washington attorney Reid Weingarten, to oversee the FBI investigation for the company.
Pilot was raided by the FBI in April because of allegations that the company shortchanged customers on diesel fuel rebates.
- April 30, 2013: Former Pilot employee defends Jimmy Haslam
- April 29, 2013: Pilot lauds denial of witness tampering claim
- April 24, 2013: Haslam family begins rebuilding business relationships amidst investigation
- April 24, 2013: Haslams try to halt fallout from FBI raid on Pilot
- April 22, 2013: Pilot Flying J CEO Jimmy Haslam to make another statement
- April 18, 2013: FBI: Pilot worker says Haslam knew of rebate fraud
- April 16, 2013: Governor's brother defends family company after FBI raid