Dog, smoke detector alerts La Vergne family to fire

Dog, smoke detector alerts La Vergne family to fire (Image 1)
Dog, smoke detector alerts La Vergne family to fire (Image 1)

A La Vergne family is displaced after their home caught fire Monday morning.

Fire fighters responded to the blaze just before 4 a.m. at a home on Fergus Road in La Vergne.

Two men and a woman were inside the home when the fire sparked. Their smoke detector and dog barking alerted them to the fire.

No one was injured. The residents are staying with family for the time being.

They were on the scene for approximately one hour fighting the blaze.

Fire officials believe it was an electrical fire.

The home was moderately damaged. 

No further details were immediately released.

blog comments powered by Disqus