Candle falls, lights house on fire

Mom, 4 kids displaced after Maury County house fire (Image 1)
Mom, 4 kids displaced after Maury County house fire (Image 1)

A candle fell inside the bathroom of a home in west Nashville, setting it ablaze.

Police responded to a call just after 9 p.m. in the 1700 block of 14th Avenue North.

Authorities reported that there was heavy smoke and a lot of flames upon arrival, with fire coming out of the roof.

Fire crews were able to knock the fire out in minutes.

The scene is still under investigation and the fire marshal will investigate tomorrow.

The family of five living at the home were able to leave the house.

No one was harmed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s