Emergency quickly extinguished a massive blaze at a home in Donelson Monday morning.
The fire was reported shortly after 4 a.m. on Crystal Drive near Wanda Drive, off of Elm Hill Pike.
Firefighters had most of the flames extinguished within 15 minutes, but were still battling hot spots inside shortly before 5 a.m.
At one point, flames were approximately 30 to 50 feet in the air and smoke could be seen from a couple miles away.
Metro police told Nashville's News 2 some officers spotted the fire before the fire department was dispatched. The officers tried to see if anyone was inside, but the flames made it difficult for them to get close to the house.
Nashville's News 2 spoke with the occupants of the home, who were not inside at the time of the fire.
They said there was a small fire inside their bathroom late Sunday night so they were staying at a hotel. The homeowner said the fire sparked inside a vent fan in their bathroom, prompting firefighters to turn off the electricity to the home.
Since electricity was not on when Monday's fire sparked, officials believe it was started from a hot spot.
The official cause is was not immediately determined.
No one was injured.
Refresh this page for updates on this story.