2-year-old dies after drinking cleaning solution

2-year-old dies after drinking cleaning solution (Image 1)
2-year-old dies after drinking cleaning solution (Image 1)

MERCED, Calif. (AP) – Authorities in Merced County, Calif., say no charges are expected to be filed after a two-year-old boy died from drinking cleaning fluid.
 
Authorities tell the Merced Sun-Star that the child's grandmother gave the boy what she thought was a bottle of water to drink Friday afternoon. The boy had become thirsty while playing at his grandparents' shop and the grandmother found the bottle on the floorboard of her husband's truck.
 
But the bottle actually contained solution used to clean aluminum rims.
 
Officials say the grandfather realized what the boy had ingested after he started choking. He was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
 
Officials say the incident was nothing more than a tragic accident.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s