A Rutherford County home sustained major smoke and fire damage after a blaze broke out Monday afternoon.
The fire was reported in the 100 block of January Street just after 2 p.m.
Upon their arrival, crews reported heavy smoke and flames coming from the home.
“The blaze was rolling, but crews got in there and extinguished the fire quickly,” said Shift Commander Daryl Alexander.
Authorities believe the fire started in the home's kitchen. The investigation is ongoing.
No additional information was released.