A memorial will be held on Monday night for two young men who were hit and killed by a drunk driver last December in downtown Nashville.
Michael Brooksher, 22, and Tommy Allen, 21, were crossing Demonbreun Street on December 10, 2011 when they were hit by a vehicle driven by Trevor Bradshaw.
Brooksher died two days after the accident at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Allen died on February 7 from complications from his injuries.
At 7 p.m. Monday, friends and family members will drive down the roadway where the fatal accident occurred.
Bradshaw and Erin Brown were each indicted on two felony counts of vehicular homicide by intoxication and one felony count for assault with a deadly weapon among other charges.
According to a police report, Brown gave her keys to Bradshaw and allowed him to operate her vehicle on the night of the accident knowing he had been drinking and was drunk.
Bradshaw and Brown are scheduled to appear in court next week.
- Sept. 14, 2012: DUI couple expected to face arraignment Friday
- Aug. 15, 2012: Couple indicted for fatal DUI crash last December
- April 6, 2012: Family of pedestrian struck by alleged drunk driver files lawsuit
- Feb. 23, 2012: Attorney: Car owner involved in fatal crash had ride home
- Feb. 21, 2012: Car owner faces homicide charge, wasn't driving
- Feb. 8, 2012: Balloons released in honor of pedestrian hit by driver
- Feb. 7, 2012: 2nd pedestrian hit on Demonbreun St. in Dec. dies
- Jan. 4, 2012: Case of driver, girlfriend charged in fatal DUI continued
- Dec. 13, 2011: Pedestrian hit on Demonbreun St. dies
- Dec. 11, 2011: Man charged after striking 2 pedestrians, cab
- Dec. 10, 2011: Suspect flees after striking 2 pedestrians, cab on Demonbreun St.