Country legend George Jones was among those honored by the Nashville Association of Talent Directors on Wednesday night.
The event was held at the Hermitage Hotel on 6th Avenue North.
Longtime friend Tanya Tucker was chosen to present the award to Jones.
“Wherever country music is in the dictionary, there should be a picture of George Jones,” Tucker said in a speech.
Jones, as well as Mike Fisher and Alan Valentine, among others were honored at the event.
Jones announced on Monday his upcoming 2013 tour will be his last.
Nashville is among the stops on the 60 date farewell tour titled “The Grand Tour.”
Jones told Nashville's News 2 that it is a bittersweet feeling to begin his final tour, “It's not going to feel good because the music the reason I went as long now.”
Though Jones has announced his retirement several times before, this time he means it.
“Yes, this is it,” Jones said.
Tickets for the Nashville show which is scheduled for Friday, November 22, 2013 go on-sale Friday, November 16 at 10 a.m. at all Ticketmaster locations.
- Nov. 12, 2012: George Jones' final tour includes Nov. 2013 Nashville stop
- Oct. 31, 2012: George Jones cancels Minn. concert due to health
- May 21, 2012: George Jones hospitalized, Shows canceled through June
- April 18, 2012: George Jones postpones shows due to health
- April 3, 2012: George Jones released from hospital
- March 29, 2012: Country legend George Jones hospitalized