Franklin home damage after dryer sparks fire

Mom, 4 kids displaced after Maury County house fire (Image 1)
Mom, 4 kids displaced after Maury County house fire (Image 1)

A dryer sparked a fire at a Franklin home on Wednesday night, causing tens of thousands of dollars in damages.

The fire was reported around 5:30 p.m. at two-story home on Violet Drive.

Firefighters were able to mostly contain the fire to the laundry room; however smoke damage was reported throughout the home.

Damage to the home is estimated to be around $40,000.

No injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s