HOOVER, Ala. (AP) – Holly Warlick was in the hot seat at Southeastern Conference media day.
Warlick is approaching her first season as the successor to iconic Tennessee women's basketball coach Pat Summitt. Her first question at the podium Thursday was if she had the worst job in America.
The longtime Lady Vols assistant answered: No way.
Warlick says she loves following Summitt on the bench for the powerhouse program.
She does have to replace every starter from a team that advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament, including All-American Shekinna Stricklen.
The Lady Vols are picked to finish fourth in the SEC by league media, who picked Kentucky to repeat.
The Wildcats return SEC player of the year A'dia Mathies and freshman of the year Bria Goss.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Oct. 16, 2012: Holly Warlick embraces challenge of replacing Pat Summitt
- Oct. 5, 2012: Pat Summitt says she was not forced out by Tennessee
- Oct. 3, 2012: Pat Summitt initially felt forced out by Tennessee
- Sept. 4, 2012: Titans to honor former Lady Vols coach Pat Summitt
- August 23, 2012: Summitt honored with Ignite Greatness Award
- July 13, 2012: Pat Summitt to serve as grand marshal at Bristol race
- July 12, 2012: Pat Summitt wins trophy at ESPY Awards
- May 29, 2012: Pat Summitt awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom at White House
- April 19, 2012: Ashland City residents support native Pat Summitt's retirement
- April 19, 2012: Summitt to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom
- April 19, 2012: Summitt: It has been a 'great ride' at Tennessee
- April 18, 2012: Pat Summitt steps down as Lady Vols head coach
- April 5, 2012: Pat Summitt chosen Tennessean of the Year
- March 27, 2012: Focus now on Pat Summitt's future with Lady Vols
- March 26, 2012: Baylor pounds Tennessee 77-58 for Final Four bid
- March 13, 2012: Fans sign billboard in support of Pat Summitt
- Nov. 16, 2011: Vols' basketball teams to honor Pat Summitt
- Nov. 13, 2011: Pat Summitt presented with Courage Award
- Nov. 5, 2011: Summitt's diagnosis raises Alzheimer's awareness
- Oct. 5, 2011: Pat Summitt happy to be back at practice
- Aug. 23, 2011: Pat Summitt diagnosed with early onset dementia