The future of the Tennessee State Fairgrounds remains up in the air following a meeting on Monday night.
Neighbors and community members voiced their opinions on what they would like to see happen to the property.
Officials told Nashville's News 2 they are continuing to work on a master plan of how to best use the 117 acre site located at Wedgewood Avenue and Nolensville Pike.
Last year Mayor Karl Dean made a push to move the event to a different location this year. The idea failed after going to a city wide vote.
The 106th annual Tennessee State Fair was held at the property drawing in tens of thousands of visitors last month.
Hundreds of people are expected to flock to the Fairgrounds Speedway on Thursday for the 28th annual All American 400 which continues through Saturday.
- July 23, 2012: City moves forward with plans to revamp state fairgrounds
- July 15, 2011: State fairgrounds center stage in city election
- June 15, 2011: Voters to decide fate of Nashville fairgrounds
- May 5, 2011: Fairgrounds supporters collect thousands of signed petitions
- April 25, 2011: Petitions to save fairgrounds mailed
- Oct. 10, 2010: NASCAR star plans to fight speedway closing
- Sept. 13, 2010: Mayor proposes park at state fairgrounds site
- Sept. 10, 2010: Mayor unveils revitalization project for Hickory Hollow Mall
- Sept. 8, 2010: Hickory Hollow Mall among options to host fairgrounds events
- April 29, 2010: Mayor's budget plan calls for city to restructure debt
- Nov. 7, 2009: Council debates fairgrounds' fate
- Oct. 6, 2009: Tenn. State Fairgrounds to cease operations in June