An early morning fire Monday destroyed a mobile home in Dickson County.
The homeowner told Nashville's News 2 she awoke around 7 a.m. to the smell of smoke and found her home in the East Dickson mobile home park, located 2200 block of Highway 47 East in Burns, on fire.
She quickly exited the home and neighbors called 911.
Firefighters responded to the scene to find flames shooting out the home's doors and windows.
A heater in the bathroom likely sparked the blaze, officials said.
The homeowner told the fire department she thought the heater was not working.
Apparently it was and when the temperatures dropped into the 40s overnight, the heater kicked on.
There was a shelf in front of the heater that had toilet paper and other combustible items on it.
The items caught fire and the flames quickly spread throughout the home.
No one was injured and two cats also managed to escape unharmed.
The home appears to be a total loss.
The fire marshal will determine the exact cause of the fire.