With Matt Kenseth and Joey Logano on the move next season Ryan Newman is staying put.
Newman signed a one-year contract extension with Stewart-Haas Racing for next season.
Newman said he took a paycut, just like every driver has lately.
SHR is searching for heavy sponsorship for next year. The U.S. Army said earlier this summer it's not returning to NASCAR next season, and Office Depot said Sunday it won't be back as co-primary of Tony Stewart's car.
Newman said he's not aware of any signed sponsors for next season on his No. 39 Chevrolet.
Newman is one of many drivers on the bubble of making the Chase for Sprint Cup championship heading into Saturday night's race at Richmond.