SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) – Starting pitcher Brock Myers struck out eight and homered, and Goodlettsville, Tenn., beat Kearney, Neb., 12-1 on Thursday. Myers, a 12-year-old righty, kept the Midwest's mini-mashers at bay with a fastball and off-speed pitch. He allowed one hit over 4 1-3 innings.
Myers added a two-run blast in the fifth, and Ryan Lyle also homered before Tennessee added seven runs in the sixth. Goodlettsville hit 4 home runs in the win.
Goodlettsville moves on to play Petaluma, California Sunday at 1PM. The game will be broadcast live on Nashville's News 2.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Aug. 16, 2012: Goodlettsville team advances in World Series
- Aug. 15, 2012: Nashville attorney donates $5K to Goodlettsville Little League
- Aug. 13, 2012: Families hold fundraiser to travel to Little League World Series
- Aug. 10, 2012: Goodlettsville advances to Little League World Series
- Aug. 8, 2012: Goodlettsville team 1 win away from Little League World Series