Metro-Nashville moved forward on Monday night with plans to revamp the state fairgrounds.
During a meeting, neighbors and community members shared their ideas with city planners for what they would like seen done to the space.
Officials told Nashville's News 2 despite the discussion, they are still quite a ways from making any official decision.
“We haven't even started to look at what-ifs yet. We're still in the what could be stage,” Craig Owensby of the Metro Planning Department said. “We're getting everything from change it completely to don't change it at all.”
The state fair is scheduled to return to the fairgrounds in September.
Last year Mayor Karl Dean made a push to move the event to a different location this year. The idea failed after going to a city wide vote.
- July 15, 2011: State fairgrounds center stage in city election
- June 15, 2011: Voters to decide fate of Nashville fairgrounds
- May 5, 2011: Fairgrounds supporters collect thousands of signed petitions
- April 25, 2011: Petitions to save fairgrounds mailed
- Oct. 10, 2010: NASCAR star plans to fight speedway closing
- Sept. 13, 2010: Mayor proposes park at state fairgrounds site
- Sept. 10, 2010: Mayor unveils revitalization project for Hickory Hollow Mall
- Sept. 8, 2010: Hickory Hollow Mall among options to host fairgrounds events
- April 29, 2010: Mayor's budget plan calls for city to restructure debt
- Nov. 7, 2009: Council debates fairgrounds' fate
- Oct. 6, 2009: Tenn. State Fairgrounds to cease operations in June