Garage elevator shaft ignites near Children’s Hospital

Garage elevator shaft ignites near Children's Hospital (Image 1)

Nashville fire crews responded to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital Thursday after an elevator shaft in a parking garage caught fire.

Heavy smoke was reported coming from the structure around 11:15 a.m.

Multiple units responded and the garage was evacuated.

The flames were extinguished less than 30 minutes later.

Firefighters remained on the scene investigating what might have sparked the fire.

Nashville's News 2 has a crew on the scene.

Refresh this page for updates on this story.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s