An estimated 40 to 50 people protested overnight Sunday on Tennessee's Capitol Hill.
Organizers told Nashville's News 2 they were there advocating for the homeless and against the newly passed state law that outlaws camping on legislative plaza and other state owned property.
Police did not stop the demonstration.
When organizers were asked if the protest was in relation to the Occupy Nashville movement, protester Jeremiah Carter responded, “Occupy Nashville has been tabling ever since their tents got kicked off the plaza, so we worked in coalition with them. Mainly this was organized by homeless advocates of Nashville.”
Organizers said Sunday was a one night protest and that many of the demonstrators planned to go to school and work the next morning.
Protesters told Nashville's News 2 they will continue to work for ways to advocate for the homeless in the Nashville area.
- March 2, 2012: Occupy Nashville bill becomes law
- Feb. 27, 2012: Occupy Nashville bill headed to governor
- Feb. 27, 2012: Bill targeting Occupy Nashville will hit homeless
- Feb. 23, 2012: 'Occupy Nashville' bill passes Senate 20-10
- Feb. 16, 2012: Anti-Occupy Nashville bill passes House
- Feb. 15, 2012: Lawmakers may ban protesters from camping at plaza
- Feb. 14, 2012: Occupy protesters announce plans to move encampment
- Feb. 12, 2012: Occupy Nashville protesters consider withdrawing
- Feb. 7, 2012: House sends anti-Occupy bill to full floor vote
- Jan. 30, 2012: Bill would ban public camping, force Occupy tent removal
- Dec. 30, 2011: Man charged with setting tent at Occupy camp ablaze
- Dec. 25, 2011: Protesters occupy Tenn. plaza on Christmas Day
- Dec. 4, 2011: Police arrest 13 protesters associated with Occupy Nashville
- Nov. 20, 2011: Protesters prepare for indefinite stay on plaza
- Nov. 14, 2011: Citations issued to Occupy Nashville protesters dismissed
- Nov. 10, 2011: Governor seeks to drop Occupy Nashville charges
- Nov. 9, 2011: Staffer says she was urinated on near Occupy Nashville protesters
- Nov. 4, 2011: Occupy movement spreads to Murfreesboro
- Nov. 3, 2011: Occupy Nashville protesters deliver letter to governor
- Nov. 2, 2011: Faces of Occupy Nashville revealed
- Nov. 1, 2011: Occupy Nashville comes with cost
- Nov. 1, 2011: Haslam: Curfew, arrests, necessary for safety
- Oct. 31, 2011: Tenn. agrees to stop arresting Occupy protesters
- Oct. 30, 2011: Occupy Nashville protesters expect arrests
- Oct. 29, 2011: Judge dismisses Occupy Nashville warrants
- Oct. 28, 2011: Arrested Occupy protesters issued citations, released
- Oct. 26, 2011: Occupy Nashville protesters stand their ground
- Oct. 18, 2011: Occupy Nashville protesters march through downtown
- Oct. 6, 2011:'Occupy Nashville' protest held at Legislative Plaza