Amazon broke ground for a new distribution center located in Murfreesboro on Thursday afternoon.
The new facility, which is located off Joe B. Jackson Parkway and Manchester Pike, is expected to be complete in the fall.
The online retailer also recently began construction on a distribution in Lebanon.
Both location will create a total 1,300 jobs.
- Dec. 14, 2011: Indications point to official Amazon announcement
- Oct. 7, 2011: Amazon to build new centers in Lebanon, Murfreesboro
- Oct. 6, 2011: Amazon to collect sales tax in Tenn., add 2,000 jobs
- Oct. 4, 2011: Attorney General says Amazon.com should collect sales tax
- Aug. 25, 2011: Amazon's tax deal impacts local business owners
- Jan. 30, 2011: Local booksellers battle online company
- May 8, 2011: Amazon proposes 3 distribution centers in Tenn.
- Dec. 20, 2010: Amazon.com to create 1,400 jobs in Tenn.