NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – Occupy Nashville protesters are considering a temporary withdrawal from their encampment at Legislative Plaza.
The idea was among four discussed Saturday during a meeting about the group's future. The proposal comes as state lawmakers work to evict them.
D.J. Hudson, who was arrested in October when the state first tried to oust the group, said she thinks protesters should return to their homes for the winter and regroup in the spring, according to The Tennessean.
Others ideas under consideration include staying on state-owned land, moving to city-owned property or moving to private property, according to protester Lindsey Krinks.
No definitive decisions were made.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feb. 7, 2012: House sends anti-Occupy bill to full floor vote
- Jan. 30, 2012: Bill would ban public camping, force Occupy tent removal
- Dec. 30, 2011: Man charged with setting tent at Occupy camp ablaze
- Dec. 25, 2011: Protesters occupy Tenn. plaza on Christmas Day
- Dec. 4, 2011: Police arrest 13 protesters associated with Occupy Nashville
- Nov. 20, 2011: Protesters prepare for indefinite stay on plaza
- Nov. 14, 2011: Citations issued to Occupy Nashville protesters dismissed
- Nov. 10, 2011: Governor seeks to drop Occupy Nashville charges
- Nov. 9, 2011: Staffer says she was urinated on near Occupy Nashville protesters
- Nov. 4, 2011: Occupy movement spreads to Murfreesboro
- Nov. 3, 2011: Occupy Nashville protesters deliver letter to governor
- Nov. 2, 2011: Faces of Occupy Nashville revealed
- Nov. 1, 2011: Occupy Nashville comes with cost
- Nov. 1, 2011: Haslam: Curfew, arrests, necessary for safety
- Oct. 31, 2011: Tenn. agrees to stop arresting Occupy protesters
- Oct. 30, 2011: Occupy Nashville protesters expect arrests
- Oct. 29, 2011: Judge dismisses Occupy Nashville warrants
- Oct. 28, 2011: Arrested Occupy protesters issued citations, released
- Oct. 26, 2011: Occupy Nashville protesters stand their ground
- Oct. 18, 2011: Occupy Nashville protesters march through downtown
- Oct. 6, 2011:'Occupy Nashville' protest held at Legislative Plaza