Several days after country singer Mindy McCready went missing with her five-year-old son, authorities in Arkansas have found them safe Friday.
WZVN-TV in Fort Meyers, Florida reports on their Web site that Zander is in the custody Friday night of U.S. Marshals and Arkansas law enforcement.
McCready was found hiding in a closet with him at a home in Heber Springs.
She took her son Tuesday during visit at her father's Cape Coral, Florida home, violating a custody arrangement.
She does have visitation rights, but her mother has custody of the boy.
By Thursday, it was believed that the two had traveled to Tennessee, while a judge signed an order allowing authorities to take the boy into custody and return him.
McCready had told the media she was safe, but that she would not bring Zander back to Florida because she is seven months pregnant with twins.
It's unclear where the boy will be taken.
- Dec. 1, 2011: Mindy McCready's time to return son to Fla. expires
- Nov. 30, 2011: Publicist says Mindy McCready, son 'safe, healthy'
- Nov. 30, 2011: AP: McCready says can't return to Fla for court
- May 25, 2010: Country singer McCready hospitalized in Fla.
- June 26, 2008: Mindy McCready arrested again
- May 5, 2008: Mindy McCready talks exclusively with News 2
- April 28, 2008: Roger Clemens, Mindy McCready had relationship, report says