COLUMBIA, Tenn. – A Columbia Marine's widow was presented with a memorial plaque honoring her husband in a special ceremony over the weekend.
The plaque was presented to Marine Lance Cpl. Andrew Carpenter's wife, Crissie, son, Landon, and parents during a 9/11 tribute which was held on Saturday evening.
The memorial plaque will permanently be on display at the entrance of the Heritage Funeral Home beginning Monday as an honor to one of Columbia's fallen soldiers killed while serving.
Carpenter was killed in February while he was serving overseas in Afghanistan.
His son was born less than a month later.
- July 4, 2011: Fallen Marine's wife, son serve as parade grand marshals
- June 26, 2011: Fallen Marine's wife, son to be grand marshals of parade
- April 23, 2011: Marine widow wants more attention for military families
- March 22, 2011: Comedy show for fallen Marine's family raises $2,000
- March 18, 2011: Fallen Marine's wife gives birth to son
- March 2, 2011: Marine's pregnant widow says he died a hero
- Feb. 27, 2011: Tenn. Marine's funeral set for Monday
- Feb. 20, 2011: Maury Co. Marine taken off life support
- Feb. 16, 2011: Parents of wounded Columbia marine say son is brain dead