The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Middle Tennessee grants the wishes of children who have reached the age of 2 1/2 and are under 18 years old, and have life-threatening medical conditions, to enrich their human experience with hope, strength and joy.
There are four types of wishes the children choose from:
* I wish to go
* I wish to be
* I wish to have
* I wish to meet
For a child to be eligible for a wish he or she must be referred by a doctor, social worker, parents, or they can even refer themselves. The doctor must sign a document stating that the child has a life-threatening illness.
Do you want to be apart of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Middle Tennessee? Click here to learn more.
About the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Middle Tennessee
- The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Middle Tennessee serves 38 counties in the Middle Tennessee area, granting between 80 and 100 wishes each year.
- The staff at the Make-A-Wish® Foundation of Middle Tennessee consists of only 4 full-time and 2 part-time employees. We rely on volunteers to help make wishes come true.
- More than 100 Middle Tennessee volunteers are wish granters, trained to help grant wishes of deserving children.
- 100% of the funds raised by the Make-A-Wish® Foundation of Middle Tennessee stays in Middle Tennessee
- 82% of every dollar donated to the Make-A-Wish® Foundation of Middle Tennessee goes into making these wishes come true.
- The average cost of a wish is about $6,000.
- Donors can Adopt-A-Wish to designate that 100% of the funds donated goes toward the adopted wish.
- More than 900 wishes have been granted in Middle Tennessee since the chapter was founded in 2000.
- Frequent Flier miles are one unique way to support our mission. It takes about 150,000 miles to send a family to Disney World.