NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A fire, believed to be electrical in nature, evacuated Dan Mills Elementary School in east Nashville Thursday morning.
Firefighters responded to the school located at 4106 Kennedy Avenue around 8:15 a.m. and reported smoke coming from a downstairs window.
All students and faculty had been evacuated and there were no immediate reports of injuries.
After searching inside the school for several minutes, firefighters found the source of the smoke to be a faulty fluorescent light fixture.
An all-clear was given a few minutes later, and the students were preparing to return to class.
The evacuation lasted no more than 30 minutes, officials said.
Additional information was not released.
Refresh this page for updates.