NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A north Nashville woman pushed a burning dryer outside her home after it caught fire, preventing a potentially deadly situation.
The fire started around 2 a.m. Thursday at the woman's home on Brick Church Pike.
The family was drying clothes, getting ready for the first day of school.
The dryer caught fire, and the home started filling with smoke.
The woman's husband suffers from a medical condition and is under hospice care.
“[I] found out that the lady of the house actually pulled the dryer while it was on fire outside the house, saving the house from further damage, saving the family from further damage,” Nashville Fire Department Capt. Clyde Jackson said. “If the husband inside the house would have got anymore smoke, with his condition and everything, it probably would have been fatal for him.”
Three children were also in the home.
The woman suffered minor burns from pulling the flaming dryer outside, but she is expected to be okay.