Firefighters extinguish out-of-control grease fire

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A fire Friday afternoon northeast of Nashville should serve as a reminder to Tennesseans to check their fire extinguishers, fire officials said.

A grease fire broke out in the kitchen of a home on Marswen Drive near Ellington Parkway at about 1:30 p.m.

Firefighters said the blaze got out of control, spreading to the cabinets then to the attic of the home.

A resident tried to put the fire out with an extinguisher but officials said it had been stored for a while and was inoperable.

Firefighters had to cut holes in the roof to extinguish the flames.

No one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s